The St. John's Cinemas opened as the Venetian Theatre in 1926. In 1937, ownership of the theater changes hands and the theater was renamed "St. John's". In the 1960's, it was renamed the Northgate Theater, and with the next remodel in the '80's, the name was changed back to St. John's.
The El Campanil Theatre, Antioch, CA. Opened in 1928.